Thursday, 25 February 2010
This Thursday, President Obama will meet with Republicans and Democrats from both houses of Congress to discuss how to finally give the American people and small business owners more control over their health care choices.
To make this meeting as productive as possible, the President won't be coming empty-handed. He'll bring to the table a health insurance reform proposal that does just that.
The proposal reflects a broad array of input, including the best parts of bills passed by the House and Senate. In addition, on top of some of the Republican concepts that were already in these bills, the President includes even more Republican ideas -- some taken directly from their proposed legislation. Of course, he has also put in more than a few ideas of his own.
There are a few key components of the President's Proposal you don't want to miss:
• It sets up a new competitive health insurance market giving tens of millions of Americans the exact same insurance choices that members of Congress will have.
• It brings greater accountability to health care by laying out commonsense rules of the road to keep premiums down and prevent insurance industry abuses and denial of care.
• It ends discrimination against Americans with pre-existing conditions.
• It puts our budget and economy on a more stable path by reducing the deficit by $100 billion over the next ten years by cutting government overspending and reining in waste, fraud and abuse.
• It provides the largest middle class tax cuts for health care in history, reducing premium costs for tens of millions of families and small business owners who are priced out of coverage today.
The President's Proposal also features some key improvements to existing issues you might have heard about:
• For America’s seniors, the proposal closes the Medicare prescription drug "donut hole" coverage gap.
• It improves insurance protections for consumers and creates a new Health Insurance Rate Authority to address unreasonable insurance rate increases and other unfair practices of insurance plans.
• A provision that gave additional funding to Nebraska to help the state expand Medicaid coverage now includes all states.
It is important to understand that this proposal isn’t meant to be the final say on the legislation. At Thursday’s bipartisan meeting, the President will continue to work with members of both parties to find common ground and look for the best ideas that will help American families and small business owners have greater control over their own health care.
Director, White House Office of Health Reform
Posted by PublicInformationProjects at 03:03
News Report: Nigeria's Acting President Knew About President's Home Coming And Deployment Of Soldiers At Airport
chidi opara reports can now report that Nigeria's Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, contrary to media reports, knew about the home coming of President Umaru Yar'Adua atleast twelve hours before the commencement of the journey from Saudi Arabia.
Reliable contacts in the Nigerian Presidency informed us that as soon as the President was discharged from hospital at the prompting of his first wife, Turai Yar'Adua and other close associates, the Saudi King phoned to inform the Acting President of the development. We also learnt that the Nigerian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia also called to inform the Acting President.
chidi opara reports have confirmed that as soon as the Acting President learnt of the President's discharge from hospital, he sought to know when the President would be home, but no definite date was given to him. "They only told him that Mr. President would be back in a few days time", one contact revealed.
This lack of knowledge of a definite date, we learnt, did not stop the Acting President from making logistics available to the President's family. For instance, even though the Saudi King would still have made his private Air Ambulance available for the President's journey, he however, requested that the Nigerian government should officially request for it, which we learnt authoritatively that the Acting President did.
A low level but strategically placed contact at the Nigerian Army Headquarters informed us that the Acting President signed the instrument for the deployment of soldiers to the Airport at about 5.13pm on Monday 22nd february 2010. chidi opara reports was not able to access this instrument at the time of preparing this report.
We can however report that at the moment, the Acting President is still reaching out to the Yar'Adua group with pledges of loyalty and co-operation especially in the forthcoming Crude Oil licenses bids. We also learnt that though the group does not trust the Acting President, they have however resolved to work with him.
An unconfirmed information at our disposal has it that there is a plan by an International crude oil syndicate with a cell in Nigeria, who have benefitted immensely from the Yar'Adua Administration to sponsor a military take over of government if Yar'Adua is edged out of government. This plan is allegedly been cordinated by an Italian Oil and Gas tycoon based in Portharcourt, Rivers State.
Posted by PublicInformationProjects at 01:58